IS Help Desk Specialist-Atlanta
The IS Help Desk Specialist is responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, and software. This position provides Tier 1 and 2 technical support to all Team Members and responds to help desk inquiries, runs diagnostic programs, isolates problems, and determines and implements solutions. Primary duties of this role are:
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming help desk inquiries and issues related to computer systems, hardware and software. Support will be provided in person, over the phone or via remote access.
- Install new, rebuild existing, and provide routine maintenance for desktop computers, laptops, servers, and mobile devices. Configure hardware and peripherals.
- Create, update, and delete user accounts as requested. Experience with Active Directory preferred.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware and software including server resources and VOIP telephone systems.
- Assist in addressing network device and hardware issues.
Preferred Competencies, Qualifications and Skills for this role are:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or an equivalent combination of education and technical/professional experience.
- Preferred technical skills and proficiencies to include: Windows 10 Pro, Windows Server 2019, Microsoft Office 365.
- Basic understanding of network devices and hardware.
- Possess ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, organization, and time-management skills.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external customers.
- Be a team member’s advocate. Develop relationships with team members to better gauge the health of the organization by fostering an open environment to discuss any concerns or questions they may have.
- Positive, energetic, creative personality with the experience and desire to get the job done.
- Develop and embrace the culture and style of Jerry Pate Turf & Irrigation to maximize the development and growth of yourself and your team.
- The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
We offer work-life balance as well as great benefits including paid time off, sick time, medical, dental and vision insurance, and 401(k) plan with employer matching.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Background and motor vehicle checks will be performed.